I started this blog because I’m a loudmouth.
I have a lot of opinions, and try as I might, I haven’t been able to keep them to myself. When I began blogging on Fandom Bouquet in 2009, I wasn’t interested in talking about current events or having an author blog. I just wanted a place where I could write about my experiences in fandom, because I’m also a geek, and I wanted to talk about some of the ways that fan culture, the Internet, and broader popular culture are intersecting to change the way people look at the concepts of story and storytelling.
I kept finding other things I wanted to talk about.
Things like body image and disability, gender roles, spirituality and science, chronic illness, marriage equality, perceptions of poverty, and dogs. Yes, dogs. I love dogs. I also love music, cornbread, honey mustard, and blueberry muffins. (Not all at the same time.)
Then I discovered that author blogs could be cool and interesting, even though I’m very strange for a fangirl and I don’t like hearing “behind the scenes” stuff about my favorite media franchises AT ALL.
- I realized that writing doesn’t happen in a vacuum.
- It isn’t something separate from the rest of my life.
- Every other part of my life, every other thing that matters to me is part of how I write, and how I LEARN about writing.
- The reverse is also true. Writing helps me discover new things, learn about the world, learn about myself and the kind of person I want to be.
So, you’ll find all sorts of things here: social commentary, reviews, writing tips, and anything else I happen to be interested in at the moment.
I have a standing policy of positivity. My posts are meant to be informative, entertaining, and to promote respectful discussion. I write about things I like, things I support, or things I’ve learned that might be useful to others. I won’t make a post specifically to rant, disagree, or list off reasons I don’t like Twilight.
Links of interest
- Blog policies. Including Terns of Use, information about book reviews other content, and comment moderation.
If you have a request or an idea, feel free to drop me a line.
- You can leave a comment on this page.
- You can use the contact form
- You can shoot me a message on one of my social media pages.